Dewage Ex Machina

dew'-age ex mach-i'-na n. compound, archaic
an opinion, statement or treatise
- spewing as a rant, speech or incitement from the internet
- as the result of an intermittant explosive disorder
- in an ineffectual effort
- to right an apparent or perceived wrong, injustice or disservice.

Monday, July 12, 2010

D'oh!

Several weeks ago a woman in our department had a birthday. As part of the celebration we were told to surprise her when she was in a meeting with our manager. About eight of us did and as her present was brought in, I could see it was a clear plastic package with just a bow on it. As it went by me I looked at it and thought, "That looks like a fuzzy hemorrhoid cushion! Ah, a gag gift!"

We sang Happy Birthday and handed it to her. "Oh!", she said. "I can use this!"

"I'm sorry to hear that," I said.

"I can wear it around my neck when I sleep to keep from getting a stiff neck!" Then I looked at the package again and realized that next to the fuzzy hemorrhoid cushion was a pair of fuzzy bunny slippers and a fuzzy sleep mask.

'D'oh!' I thought and slapped my forehead. 'It's a neck pillow!' The woman standing next to me got it.

She didn't stop laughing for five minutes. This is not the first time something like this has happened to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home